HAPPY EASTER AND WELCOME TO OUR FUN WITH EASTER ACTIVITIES:
Your teachers from the English department have come up with some wonderful ideas for you to do during this “very special” holiday.
All of these activities will be taken into account as a classroom/ homework grade (10%) so the more of them you do the better!
We have also included a list of possible books to read. Choose one you like or maybe one you have at home or have found online and write up a book report. Find attached a report sheet to follow, send it to your teacher and get an extra credit grade for Reading Comprehension & Writing. *Download worksheet
Easter is celebrated differently around the world and we wanted to share with you some of our traditions. If you have a garden, lucky you, if not use your living room and set up an Easter Egg Hunt or make yourself a bonnet!!! We have also included a link to some great traditions you may want to try.
Have a happy holiday! Happy Easter and Stay healthy, Stay safe and Stay home.
- Write a 100-word story
– Each story must have exactly 100 words
– The title can contain up to a maximum of five other words
– None of the words can be repeated
– Topic: “Homeschooling and digital learning”
2) You’ve got talent: Got a talent? Record yourself and share it. From painting to singing to playing an instrument….you name it!
3) Show & Tell: Teach your teacher something about you or your family. Record it and send it. We’d love to know how special you are.
4) Enjoy reading? Love movies? Become a critic. Write a brief review on the latest book, movie or series you think is worthy of being read or watched and share it with us. *Download worksheet
5) Practice Cambridge online exams, watch live Cambridge Speaking exams for FCE, CAE or PCE on YouTube or log into “Learn English with Cambridge” all for free, to better your English from a different approach.
Recommended book list
(From Oxford Bookworms Library Stage 5 – FCE level)
- David Copperfield – Charles Dickens
- Great Expectations – Charles Dickens
- Wuthering Heights – Emily Brontë
- The Merchant of Venice – William Shakespeare
- Sense and Sensibility – Jane Austen
- The Great Gatsby – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Little Dorrit – Charles Dickens
4ºESO Y 1st BACHILLERATO:
(From Oxford Bookworms Library Stage 6 – FCE /CAE level)
- Oliver Twist – Charles Dickens
- Pride and Prejudice – Jane Austen
- Jane Eyre – Charlotte Brontë
- Barchester Towers – Anthony Trollope
- Dubliners – James Joyce
- Vanity Fair – William Thakery
- A Passage to India – E. M. Forester
Other books recommended:
Harry Potter collection – JK Rowling
The Lord of the Rings or Hobbit – JRR Tolkien
The Chronicles of Narnia – C. S. Lewis
The Diary of A Young Girl – Anne Frank
To Kill a Mocking Bird – Harper Lee
Animal Farm – George Orwell
Ender’s Game – Orson Scott Card
A Wrinkle in Time – Madeleine L’Engle
The Princess Bride – William Golman
A Tale of Two Cities – Charles Dickens
Charlotte’s Web – E. B. White
Anne of Green Gables – Lucy Maud Montgomery
The Call of the Wild or White Fang – Jack London
The Grand Sophy – Georgette Heyer
Venetia – Georgette Heyer
Arabella – Georgette Heyer